Sunday, October 25, 2015

If you want 2 be happy, then Let it go

If you want to be happy, then let it go!  I am talking about things that have pulled you under, hurt like the dickens, and weighed you down.  Yes, I am talking about those things people have said  or done to hurt you.  LET IT GO!  I'm also talking about offences they have done to your children, pain they have inflicted because they are just mean... I say, "Let it go!"  I am talking about the things that keep you up at night, the things that keep you addicted to numb the pain, and all other things you can think of.  Just let it go!

Yesterday, I spent my birthday crying over something someone had said, who severely misjudged me.  I was innocent of all the allegations they were making against me, but they had determined otherwise, and set out to defame, spew guile, and to just plain hurt me.  I thought we were friends, which was another hurt that beset me, because obviously this person did not like me, one little bit.  I cried until my eyes were red and swollen.  I could barely breathe, I was so stuffed up from crying.  I was a sad mess, and to make it even worse, all this happened on my birthday.

That afternoon, I logged on to Facebook and read from a friends page, that had posted the best possible quote, that helped lift my spirits, and help me to realize just how unimportant this hurtful situation was in my life.  This is what the quote said:

"So many of us make a great fuss over matters of small consequence.  We are so easily offended. Happy is the man who can brush aside the offending remarks of another, and go on his way."  This quote was written by Gordon B. Hinckley, in a talk he gave called, "Slow to Anger."  I read this talk and it helped me so much, that I wanted to include the link to help others.  Here is is: https://www.lds.org/general-conference/2007/10/slow-to-anger?lang=eng

Isn't it amazing how something so small as a short quote can completely straighten out what you have been worrying over, and shedding far too many tears about?  I have to say that it took a lot of what someone else did to offend me, but I made the choice to let it trouble me as it did.  After reading this message the thought came into my mind, which is another famous quote, as of the past few years, and something that my little grand daugher sings all the time, and this is...."LET IT GO!"


I understand the atonement of Jesus Christ, and know that we don't have to suffer like we all do, because we can give away to Christ, our pains, and sorrows, afflictions, and torments.  He has already suffered them for us and we just have to Let it go and He will make up the rest.  It is true.  After I let it go, I cannot tell you how much peace I felt.  My burden was lifted and I was able to look around and see the things of life that truly matter, and make me happy.

I hope this short story will help you to understand that if you want to be happy, then let it go!

https://youtu.be/MD5bFCDfySc

P.S.  I found the greatest talk that helps all of us to understand the full extent of the Atonement Jesus Christ made for us.  It is a talk written by Elder Dallin H. Oaks, and it is called "Strengthened by the Atonement of Jesus Christ."  I encourage everyone, everywhere to read this, and be able to fully understand what His Atonement can do for you to be happy again.


1 comment:

  1. i really needed this right now in my life!!!!!!!!!!! You are an answer to my prayer!!!!!!!!!
    Thank you so much!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete